Wavemaster!


Layback snap back home at Philorth - Pic courtesy of Billy Watson
My blog has been a bit neglected of late, largely due to the fact that not much has been happening over the summer on the kite and surf front. Fortunately, winter is on the way and both the wind and swell are now making an appearance, so hopefully should have some more to report. I guess my big news is that I finally managed to win the BKSA Wavemasters, which was held at Westward Ho! in October. Having never been to North Devon before I wasn't sure quite what to expect in terms of waves, and with the forecast being a bit changeable making the 650 mile trip was a bit of a gamble. Fortunately the stars aligned and we ran two days of competition in overhead x-onshore conditions, mostly on 7 and 9m kites. Despite riding in the wrong heat on day 1 (two George's in the comp!) I managed to secure a first place finish on both days to take the overall Wavemaster title. It was great to ride against my good friend Stubbie in the final on both days! Thanks to the BKSA for putting on a great event, to F-One for their continued support, to Ding at Supersaturated for the pics, and to all the great people I met over the course of the week. For a full event write-up go to - http://www.britishkitesurfingassociation.co.uk/news/news-events/876-rwe-wavemasters-2012.html

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.